Welcome to The Alzheimer's Disease Fund's (ADF) online Alzheimer's Disease links section. In an effort to provide people looking for more information about Alzheimer's Disease, ADF has compiled a list of web resources.
Although The Alzheimer's Disease Fund initially screened these sites, we cannot verify the accuracy of data they contain. As always, discuss any information you obtain with your health care team as to its accuracy and relevance to your particular case.
Fisher Center for Alzheimer's Research Foundation
- Shares current advances and discoveries made in the realm of Alzheimer's research
- Includes extensive section on treatment, prevention, risk factors, symptoms and signs of Alzheimer's
- Specific section on treatment & care: http://www.alzinfo.org/treatment-care
HelpGuide.org's Alzheimer's & Dementia Section
- This site covers many different types of mental & physical disorders, but includes a large & informative section on Alzheimer's & Dementia
- Includes a guide to recognizing Alzheimer's symptoms, caring for those afflicted with Alzheimer's, and information on treatment & prevention.
MedicineNet.com's Alzheimer's articles
- Covers most basic questions one may have about Alzheimer's (ex. what it is, what the signs & symptoms are, prevention, etc.)
- Also links the user to a search engine to find a local Geriatrician for diagnosis & treatment
Mayo Clinic's Alzheimer's Disease section
- Mayo Clinic is available in Florida, Arizona and Minnesota for in person treatment, information and diagnosis, among other things.
National Institute on Aging - Alzheimer's Disease
- This site features many pages of information relating to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Alzheimer's.
Natural Health Village
- Covers many alternative treatments to medicine.
HelpGuide.org - Alzheimer’s Prevention
- Offers a guide to prevention, including information on how sleep, exercise, and eating right can lower your risk for alzheimer's
UCLA Health System's articles on Alzheimer's Disease
- UCLA Health System’s article on Alzheimer’s Disease – covers signs, symptoms, prevention, treatment, and care options.
Online video of The Forgetting: A Portrait of Alzheimer's
- PBS's primetime Emmy award-winning documentary that takes a dramatic, compassionate, all-encompassing look at the growing epidemic of Alzheimerís disease.
Bioinorganic Chemistry of Aluminium & Silicon - Keele University
- The site for Dr Chris Exleys research into aluminum and its negative effects on human health including how it may be a potential cause of Alzheiemers. There are also research papers discussing how silicon may remove aluminum from the body.
The Roskamp Institute
- The site for The Roskamp Institute, one of the nations leading research centers for the study of neurological diseases such as Alzheimers disease. Roskamp is also one of the lead researchers for the supplement anatabine which is now being tested as a possible method to prevent and treat Alzheimers
A Quick Look At Alzheimers - Five 'Pocket' films to increase understanding of a 21st century epidemic.
- 1. What is Alzheimer's Disease
- 2. An Urgent Epidemic
- 3. The Race to the Cure
- 4. A Message for Patients and their Families
- 5. The Genetics of Alzheimer's